September imprisonment: Criminal sentenced to jail in Greater Manchester last month-Manchester Evening News

2021-12-16 09:00:39 By : Ms. Susan Kung

Some criminal cases reported by MEN reporters last month

A speeding driver killed a beloved grandmother, and a former football player who raped and sexually abused a girl were just two criminals detained in the area in September.

The Greater Manchester Court sentenced heavy sentences for various crimes this month.

Other criminals imprisoned include a violent bully who uttered swearing rants to the judge after being sentenced to jail, and a pervert who used a secret “shoe machine” to film female students’ upskirt videos .

Read more: Heartbroken family's emotional tribute to the stabbed "loving, kind and funny" son

An open and transparent criminal justice system is an important part of our democratic operation-therefore, we will not apologize for spending so much time letting you know what happened in our courts.

MEN reporters cover some of the most serious cases every week-this is our summary last month.

Here are some of the criminals imprisoned in Greater Manchester in September

A 37-year-old child sexual offender was sentenced to more than two years in prison.

Philip Stanney was trapped by a plainclothes policeman who logged into an online chat room disguised as a 14-year-old girl.

Steinney, whose user name is "philmanchester", immediately sent a private message to the child's profile asking her age.

The police officer responded by saying that she was 14 years old and a 9th grade student.

Stanney of Cypress Street in Middleton never questioned that the girl was a minor. After several days of conversation, his message became more and more sexy, asking the girl about her appearance and sex. Inappropriate experience, commented "Do you like older men?".

Stanney was sentenced to two years and three months in prison.

A man was sentenced to jail for violating the probation clause-causing criminal damage to the watermelon and condemning the Asda staff.

In January last year, 30-year-old Brian Lawrence was sentenced to 14 months in prison, suspended for two years, for assaulting and assaulting police officers.

In March 2019, he beat a policeman in Salford, spat at another policeman, and called them "P**i, Muslim c***".

Lawrence is now jailed for violating the probation clause. He caused criminal damage to a £4 watermelon in an Asda store; and caused "intentional harassment, alarm or distress" to employees.

The judge who had dealt with Lawrence last time found him in her court.

After sending him for 17 months, she told him that she gave him a chance, but he failed.

Lawrence of Colina Drive in Salford was sentenced to 17 months in prison for deliberate harassment, fright or distress; and violated his probation clause.

He was not individually punished for criminal damage to the watermelon.

After a young man intervened continuously at the New Year's Eve party, he launched a "crazy" drug and alcohol attack on strangers.

At the time, 19-year-old Nathan Jackson was invited by a friend to attend Cheadle's party, but after hearing the shouts from outside, he "paid it on his own."

The Minshur Street Criminal Court learned that after a dispute with the victim, the man hit Jackson with his head.

However, Jackson of Stockport responded by taking a Stanley knife from his pocket and slashing at his face, arms and body.

His victim's nose was almost completely cut off. The arteries on his face were also damaged, and the bones on his hands were also broken.

Jackson, now 21, pleaded guilty to Article 18 serious bodily harm and was sentenced to five years in prison.

A man was sentenced to jail after the police raided his home and found guns and ammunition and ordered more weapons.

On December 1st last year, officers of the Greater Manchester Police Serious Organized Crime Group raided the home of Aaron Melville in Buxton.

The Walker Brow police found in his home: several homemade weapons; a revolver, which was found to be a modified revolver upon inspection; a disassembled pistol; multiple rounds of ammunition being converted from empty shots to illegal ammunition; and some tools.

Officials also found a delivery note showing that Melville had ordered three replicas of Retay blank shooting pistols on September 11, 2020.

Blank shooting pistols made in Turkey can be sold legally in the UK, but criminal gangs have figured out how to turn them into lethal weapons.

Detectives later discovered that Melville had ordered 25 guns-two of which were found in the address by the police-and the other was found to be modified with his DNA in January 2020.

The 21-year-old man was sentenced to five years and seven months in prison in Manchester Crown Court after admitting to possessing guns and ammunition.

A paranoid drunk strangled his girlfriend in a terrible attack after accusing her and his brother of "taking it away."

Thomas Kavangh, 38, has been dating the woman for about seven weeks.

He admitted to her that he might become paranoid and revealed that he had been in jail before.

After they went to a friend's house for a drink, a dispute broke out between the two.

They returned to her apartment in Salford, and once Kavan's brother arrived.

Kavangh left the house and his brother told the lady that if he saw them together, the defendant would become "jealous and paranoid".

He left, and when Kavan came back, he started yelling at her, calling her "f****** prostitute".

When she was standing at the front door, Kavangh grabbed her hair, forced her into the apartment and strangled her throat.

He was sentenced to 18 months in prison for the attack.

A thug was sentenced to two years in prison after attacking his girlfriend twice in five days.

In May of this year, 33-year-old Stephen Wilson carried out an attack in Bolton.

On May 6, in a house where they had both lived, Wilson jumped onto the victim and began to strangle her.

When she was lying on the floor, he punched her, and the victim thought she was knocked unconscious.

When she came back, she said that she was covered with vodka and had blood on her hair.

Wilson continued to beat her until a friend knocked on the door and asked him if he wanted to go to the store.

When he left, the woman ran away wearing underwear and managed to be picked up by a passing police car.

Wilson was convicted of 21 counts of 52 crimes and eventually pleaded guilty to two counts of actual bodily harm caused by the assault.

Wilson from York Road in Lytham Saint Annes was sentenced to two years in prison.

A restraining order was also imposed on Wilson, prohibiting him from contacting the victim or entering within 200 meters of any home he believed she was living in.

The court heard that a "brave" passerby was stabbed several times after trying to prevent three men from being robbed in Bolton city centre.

Patrick Cullen and accomplice Reagan Sharps are both now jailed for their roles in the vicious knife attack.

Just after 11pm on May 9th, the couple (both 21 years old) approached the three men sitting on the bench in Victoria Square.

The Bolton Criminal Court heard Karen take out a knife, and then repeatedly slammed all three victims on the head and face-demanding that they hand over their phones and money.

Passers-by were on their way home from get off work and saw what had happened and intervened.

The court heard that he tried to take the knife from Karen, but the two 21-year-old defendants turned to him.

Karen, who lives without a home, was sentenced to nine years and nine months in prison for four counts of robbery, intentional assault, attempted robbery, and possession of a knife in a public place. He confessed all the crimes.

Sharples was sentenced to six years in prison for four counts of robbery, illegal assault, attempted robbery, and possession of knives in a public place. He also confessed these crimes.

A former Rochdale AFC football player was sentenced to 24 years in prison for raping and sexually abusing multiple girls.

Jonathan Diba Musangu, 23, abused these girls for five years, some of them as young as 7 years old.

The Minshur Street Criminal Court learned that he used his "popularity and advantage" to commit "terrible" sexual abuse to children in order to obtain his own sexual satisfaction.

After a long trial in June and July this year, Musangu of Chadderton was found guilty of three counts of raping a child under 13, two counts of sexually assaulting a child under 13, and two counts. Count of inciting children to engage in sexual activities. , Three counts of having sex with children, and two counts of rape.

He admitted at an earlier hearing the crimes of inciting children to engage in sexual activities and possessing extreme pornography.

Musangu was sentenced to 24 years in prison and his license was extended by four years.

A "controlling" predator who blackmailed a girl to send explicit photos of herself has been sentenced to 14 years in prison.

Harry Bowman of Whitlow Street in Gulburn was between 14 and 18 years old when he committed crimes to seven victims.

Bowman, now 20, also physically abuses some girls who are under the legal age.

Sending electronic communications with the intent to cause distress or anxiety

The court heard that Bowman would induce girls to send indecent photos of themselves, and then use these photos to blackmail them to send more photos.

When Bowman's mobile phone was confiscated, the police found more than 1,200 indecent photos. The girls are believed to be only two or three years old. 364 images belong to the most serious category.

He was sentenced to 14 years in prison.

A homeless person told a security guard at Aldi that he wanted to go to jail, then drew a knife and stabbed him and walked around in the store.

38-year-old Lee Wright walked into a downtown store, where he found a guard and made a worrying statement.

The security advised him to call the police, but Wright walked past him, walked into the store, and pulled out the 5-inch blade.

In a closed-circuit television video broadcast by the Manchester Crown Court, a woman can be seen passing him by pushing a stroller while he is holding a knife.

Wright is said to have been convicted 18 times for 72 crimes.

The court heard that he had benefited from physical and mental detention.

Wright of Princess Teddesley was sentenced to 22 months in prison.

A man attacked two workers working on the house with a broken bottle-and then returned with a machete.

Reece Gilbert, 28, was found behaving "strangely". The two were working in the opposite house, inhaling gas and laughing uncontrollably.

They thought he looked "funny" at first, but when he told them to "into the fucking house" with a broken bottle, his behavior changed.

The Manchester Crown Court learned that when Gilbert returned to his house, the men fled to their van for safety.

After a while, he appeared wearing a hoodie, took a "machete-like" knife from his pocket, and waved it at the man.

Gilbert is said to have a "horrific criminal record" and he pleaded guilty to fighting and possession of blade objects.

He was sentenced to 18 months in prison.

A "top" cocaine and marijuana dealer from Salford has been imprisoned.

Shaheed Virmani, the "main participant" from Swinton, provided "large amounts" of drugs to the Spanish leader of the gang, Usman Akhter, and received drugs from him.

According to the police, Akhter lived a luxurious life in a villa called "Los Flamingos" in Marbella-"controlling a complex network that brought hundreds of kilograms of cocaine and marijuana into the area."

They said that the property used by the group in the UK was "unobtrusive"-but Akt's villa in Marbella "demonstrated the more luxurious decoration of the conspiracy."

Twelve people, including Akhter and Virmani, have now been jailed for more than 60 years.

The other eight people will also be sentenced in Preston Criminal Court in October.

Vermani, 28, from Warren Avenue in Swindon, Salford, was sentenced to 11 years in prison for conspiring to supply cocaine and marijuana.

Akhter-from Darwen-13 years old.

A drug dealer was found hiding behind his back after being stopped by the police.

In August of this year, 33-year-old Aaron Plummer was arrested for driving an Audi to sell cocaine in the city center.

The Manchester Crown Court heard that after being pulled over, someone found him with his hand in his underwear.

After a strip search, the police found 12 packets of cocaine hidden between his hips.

He was also found carrying £330 in cash and an iPhone with evidence of drug dealings.

Plummer admitted to possessing Class A drugs and was sentenced to 28 months in prison.

The court learned that a "well-loved" grandmother was killed by a speeding drug-driving driver who was "impatient" and attempted a dangerous overtaking manoeuvre.

25-year-old Mohamed Ahmed admitted that dangerous driving caused the death of 73-year-old Sonia Adams.

The court heard that Mrs. Adams returned home from the supermarket at about 1:40 pm on February 26 last year when a terrible crash occurred.

The court learned that Ahmed from Heide Edna Street was driving a powerful BMW 325 sports model equipped with a "power supercharger" modification.

The court was informed that police investigators were able to determine that, at the junction of Hyde Road and Pennine Road, Ahmed was driving at 40 mph in an area of ​​30 mph shortly before the accident.

The court learned that when Ahmed approached a set of traffic lights, he drove to the wrong side of the road and tried to overtake a slower vehicle.

The court learned that Ahmed was traveling at approximately 68 mph at this time.

Judge Baxter sentenced Ahmed to 32 months in prison and disqualified him from driving for five years.

A burglar caught a Hackney taxi as an escape after raiding a house-then "pulled out" a knife while arguing with the driver and was arrested.

Jamie McCullough was chased and arrested by the police after the driver stopped a passing patrol car. He is now being sentenced to four years in prison.

Police said McCullough, 34, from Altrincham Thornlea Road, admitted to burglary, property damage, possession of bladed objects, free flight and violation Crime of public order.

Greater Manchester Police stated that McCullough was “involved in a dispute with the driver” during the escape.

The police said he became "aggressive" and then "pulled out" a knife he had stolen in an earlier theft, then kicked and smashed the rear window of the carriage in an attempt to escape.

After the judge was sentenced to jail for beating his ex-partner, a violent bully ranted swear words to the judge.

Sohail Ahmed repeatedly yelled "Fuck", "What the hell do you go for 30 months?" When he was sent off.

The 26-year-old man appeared in the Minshur Street Criminal Court via a video link from Forest Bank Prison and heard the word "***" shouting.

Ahmed is now facing charges of contempt of court, which Judge Tina Landale described as "misogynistic abuse in this court."

Earlier, the court heard that Ahmed did not have a fixed residence, but he used to live on Ashton Street in Rochdale. On the day he was released from prison after serving six weeks in prison for domestic violence, he appeared in his Order from the home of Bury's former partner.

Ahmed was drunk, holding a handbag with a bottle of vodka in his hand, and was said to be "swaying between rants, nonsense and affection."

But Neil Freeman, who prosecuted the case, said that Ahmed later hit the victim with his fist and palm.

Ahmed had been convicted 23 times before and was sentenced to “heavy sentences” for actual bodily harm and conspiracy to supply heroines. After admitting serious bodily harm at an earlier hearing, he was sentenced to 30 in prison. Months and obtained a restraining order.

A pervert who used a secret "shoe machine" to shoot a "upskirt" video of a female student was sentenced to jail.

The court learned that Paul Mountain, 46, had also hidden a camera in the bathroom to record a shot of a woman on the toilet.

The mountain on Trentham Avenue in Farnworth, Bolton has now been sentenced to prison.

He admitted to peeping and making indecent images of children.

A judge sentenced him to 13 and a half months in prison for making indecent images and four and a half months in prison for voyeurism.

Three men tied a man to a car and used a knife to rob him of 25,000 pounds worth of property, including his 17,500 pounds Rolex, who has been sentenced to four years in prison.

The Minshur Street Criminal Court heard how the man recently became friends with 30-year-old Kyle Fox on an ATM. The two have met on social occasions many times.

On April 11, 2021, the complainant invited Fox to his home in Whitefield, where Fox planned to buy a certain amount of marijuana, and the two went there after meeting at the Whitefield tram stop.

The court heard how the complainant received a text message from Fox, saying that he had left the address because he felt paranoid about other people there and asked the complainant to meet with him outside.

The complainant set off to meet him as instructed, but then an Audi car stopped beside him and he was tied to the car by 24-year-old McCauley Doran.

The court heard how Dolan in Batty Street, Manchester was waving a metal rod. Once in the car, Fox, wearing gloves with plastic knuckles, took out a large knife and slammed the complainant in the face.

Fox, Doran and 25-year-old Liam Mattinson came from Tennyson Avenue. Bury subsequently robbed the man’s Rolex watch, worth 17,500 pounds, his wallet and 7,000 pounds of jewelry.

All three pleaded guilty to kidnapping and robbery and were sentenced to four years in prison.

A man was sentenced to eight years in prison for raping a child.

In December 2019, 40-year-old Shaw Dennis met the 12-year-old girl when she asked him for a cigarette.

They exchanged phone numbers and started exchanging text messages, the prosecution lawyer Rachel Fox told the Bolton Criminal Court.

The girl, who could not be named due to legal reasons, asked Dennis of Farnworth how much he would pay her if she had sex with him.

After agreeing to spend an hour with her for £50, Dennis told the victim that he wanted to "fuck her brain". Soon after, she told him that she was still in high school.

Dennis replied, "Oh, damn, sorry."

The court heard that he then told the girl: “You don’t look like 12 years old, but no one will find out, so it’s okay.”

The girl's mother found information between Dennis and her daughter when she checked her mobile phone in January 2020.

A dangerous driver was sentenced to 32 months in prison for killing a mother while crossing the road.

The 44-year-old Halema Akhtar is described as the “rock” of the family.

Moneeb Arshad, 28, drives an Audi on Yorkshire Street in Rochdale on Sunday, October 20, 2019.

Minshull Street Crown Court heard that witnesses on the road were worried that Arshad was too fast.

Mrs. Akhtar was hit on a crosswalk as she was crossing Yorkshire Street.

Before the light came on, she walked out.

The court heard that the defendant continued to drive.

If the defendant did not drive at such an excessive speed, then the collision was "avoidable."

Arshad of Stamford Street in Rochdale admitted to the death of another person due to dangerous driving a week before the trial began.

An anxious "coward" followed a woman into the women's toilet of a bar and sexually assaulted her.

Manuel Carvajal, 25, was seen following the woman on closed-circuit television in a bar after she had gone to the toilet.

When she came out of the cubicle, she was caught by Carvajal and bent down to go to the toilet.

The Manchester Crown Court heard that in order to stop her from screaming for help, he locked her on his head, put his fingers in her eyes, and then put his fist into her mouth.

The prosecutor said that he then forced her head down to his groin area and tried to untie his pants in order to verbally rape her.

Fortunately, she was able to retrieve her phone and use facial recognition to open it in order to call her brother who was sitting in the bar with her.

Carvajal from Wytheshawe was found guilty after the sexual assault trial and sentenced to 6 years in prison, with an extension of his license for 3 years.

A happy rider was sentenced to twelve years in jail after dangerous driving resulted in the death of a taxi driver and severely injured two of his passengers.

On November 1, 2019, 30-year-old Ryan Hughes took a Ford Focus and two friends as passengers to "ride happily" around Oldham.

Minshull Street Crown Court heard that he was trying to "impress his friends" but was driving at a speed without a driver's license or insurance.

At 9.45 in the evening, he was driving on the B61 in Oldham at twice the speed limit-over 80 mph.

Local taxi driver Adinur Roshid is picking up his two passengers at the Blue Tiffin restaurant in Laurel Trading Estate.

When the taxi drove out and turned right into Higginshaw Lane, Mr. Hughes ran into it head-on at a very fast speed.

The taxi driver later died of a traumatic brain injury.

Two passengers, Helen Parfitt and Angela Collier, suffered injuries, including rib fractures, pelvic fractures and spinal dislocation.

Hughes of Rowland Road, Oldham, was sentenced to 12 years in prison for deaths caused by unlicensed driving and uninsured driving, deaths caused by dangerous driving, and serious injuries caused by dangerous driving.

He was disqualified from driving for 16 years and must take an extended driving retest.

A drug dealer took an old customer who owed him money to the hospital before boasting to his friend.

Vincent Gilligan, 33, has been selling to this man for many years.

In recent months, the victims have been trying to end their lives. He said he was "very scared and thought he was going to die."

A judge said that Gilligan had ruined the man's life. He is now in jail.

Gilligan of Broadley Avenue was sentenced to five years and three months in jail and became the subject of an indefinite restraining order after admitting that section 18 caused serious bodily harm.

A man stabbed an old friend when he woke up-before the police found a revolver and cocaine in his bag when the police searched his girlfriend's house.

37-year-old Covi Henry stabbed his friend in an attack on May 29, 2020, causing serious wounds in his neck to bleed.

An artery was severed, Minshur Street Criminal Court learned.

He had to undergo surgery at Manchester Royal Infirmary.

Henry of Furness Avenue in Oldham was convicted of intentional injury; possession of prohibited firearms; possession of ammunition without a firearm certificate; possession of ammunition when prohibited; and possession of firearms when prohibited.

He was sentenced to 12 years in prison.

A mother screamed in horror while desperately trying to protect her child because a knife-wielding robber stole her car in a Snapchat setting.

Courtney Slater was dragged out of the car, and Tyrese Chisholm made a creepy scream when he put a knife on her neck.

Before Chisholm and two other robbers flew away in her Renault Clio, the 21-year-old girl escaped with her 2-year-old son Lekai sitting in the back row.

Ms. Slater and her partner Brandon Higgins were attacked in Gordon after he arranged to sell two pairs of Louis Vuitton sunglasses and a Louis Vuitton men's bag on Snapchat.

As part of a pre-planned robbery, they were lured to the scene.

Chisholm, 18, Brandon Smith, 21, and Cayton Jones, 19, are all locked up now.

Chisholm, then 17 and now 18, was the leader of the gang and was sentenced to four years in prison in a young criminal institution.

Jones also brandished a knife and was sentenced to three years and eight months. The unarmed Smith was sentenced to three years and four months in prison.

The three will serve half their sentences before being released.

A "desperate" illegal immigrant was told that unless he worked as a "gardener" at Longsight's marijuana farm, he would be killed.

The 29-year-old Oretsis Cobo had been living on a farm for about six weeks before being discovered by the police. The farm was built in a row house.

Cobo later told the police that after receiving a "threat letter", he was taken by a van to the house on Eston Street.

The police were first called into this house after receiving a report of the riot. On February 19, they found Cobo lying on the floor and there was a "medical incident."

After being arrested, the Albanian national Kobo told the police that he was not paid for his work, except for being brought with food and mobile phone recharge money, and was allowed to live there for free.

Cobo said he was threatened by someone who told him to stay in the house or he would be killed.

Cobo was sentenced to 15 months in prison after admitting to producing marijuana. He faces deportation after serving his sentence.

A Manchester man was jailed for four and a half years after being lured to Whitworth in Rosendale before being robbed.

At around 11:30 pm in March 2018, the taxi driver—a man in his 40s—arrived on Lloyd Street to collect the fare.

After parking, he was attacked by four people, including 23-year-old defendant Nathan Scott, who kicked him in the face and body.

The gang tried to steal the taxi, but eventually fled the scene with the taxi driver's PDA (personal digital assistant) and mobile phone, which contained photos of the victim's family.

After trial in Burnley Crown Court, Scott of Mosley Street in Manchester was convicted of conspiracy to robbery.

A man strangled his girlfriend-he thought she was going to die-after she told him she wanted to break up.

A few days later, after being arrested and released on bail, when Demonia Cantrill suddenly appeared at her home, she frantically dialed 999 and told her "the informer is going to stitch."

Cantrill paced the land before "grab her throat and strangle her with one hand".

He finally let go and gave the woman time to call the police.

After being arrested, he told the police that it was "a joke".

When sentencing, Judge John Edwards told Cantrell: "As you said in the interview, domestic abuse is by no means a joke, and restricting someone to exert ultimate control over them is a very dangerous form of violence like you.

"Behave like you, you belittle her, you don't know, you belittle yourself."

Cantrill, who did not have a fixed address, was sentenced to 20 months in prison.

A “shameless and cunning” daughter who was addicted to gambling stole about £20,000 from her elderly father's estate-and blew it on the slot machine.

Yasmin Tattersall, 57, has been caring for her now-deceased 81-year-old father for three years.

She is responsible for his debit card.

After they were not paid, their family and the company where their caregiver worked held a meeting.

Although they reached an agreement for Tattersall to sort the cash, they never got paid. Instead, she emptied her father's life savings.

Tattersall of Partington Street, Rochdale, pleaded guilty to the theft and has now been sentenced to six months in prison.

A drug dealer who was once homeless in Piccadilly Gardens was arrested in Derbyshire after hiding a heroin package and a crack in his underwear.

Tai Saide, 23, lives on Ceataton Street in Bury. Police were arrested on January 28, 2019 after executing an arrest warrant at an address on Fairfield Road in Buxton.

He told officials that he was placed in the property by a Manchester gang to sell Class A substances to repay a debt of £2,000.

The defendant then fled for two years, after which he was caught theft in Manchester and the incident was re-exposed.

The father admitted to possessing two Class A drugs intent.

The recorder Nicholas Bacon QC imprisoned him for two years and four months. He said: "In essence, this is a typical county-level case. As the bottom-most person in the organization, you are working on those who distribute drugs more upstream. Dirty work to users.

"Class A drugs are the bane of our society and cause great harm to individuals and society as a whole."

A member of a drug gang that swept the northwest with cocaine and amphetamine has been detained.

Organized crime syndicates in Salford and Wigan led by 35-year-old Michael Doyle peddled drugs near Manchester, Yorkshire and Cheshire. Police seized more than £450,000 worth of category A And class B drugs.

Ten drug dealers are now in jail.

The Manchester Crown Court was informed that 48-year-old Michael Ellis, 46-year-old Lee Jones and 39-year-old Glenn Muddiman had stored cocaine and amphetamine, mixed them with adulterants and re-squeezed them using hydraulic presses.

It is said that Ellis of Salford Rock Bank has become addicted to drugs and accumulated debts, and sees the company as an "easy way" to repay these debts.

He admitted to conspiring to supply cocaine and was sentenced to seven years in prison.

Jones of Wigan Long Lane; admitted to conspiring to supply cocaine and amphetamines and was sentenced to eight years and ten months in prison.

Muddiman, from Wigan Crossfield Drive; pleaded guilty to conspiracy to supply cocaine and conspiracy to supply amphetamine, and was sentenced to seven years and seven months in prison.

It is said that 28-year-old Michael Mason played a "trustworthy role" and collected payments on behalf of Doyle-in one night, he collected £11,435.

Mason from Kersal Way, Salford, said he was "mentally awakened" during his detention, admitting to conspiring to supply cocaine, conspiring to supply amphetamine and money laundering, and was sentenced to five years and ten months in prison.

Michael Doyle's cousin, 27-year-old Leo Doyle, has twice arranged parcels on behalf of his relatives.

33-year-old Daniel Partington, 34-year-old Darryl Jennings, and 51-year-old Andrew Norris served as couriers.

Jennings, from Churchill Road in Salford; pleaded guilty to conspiracy to supply cocaine and was sentenced to five years and ten months in prison.

Pattington of Captain Salford Folding Road admitted to conspiracy to supply cocaine and was sentenced to five years and six months in prison.

Leo Doyle of Milan Street, Salford, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to supply amphetamine and was sentenced to three years and five months in prison.

Andrew Norris is also involved in another drug conspiracy with his son Dominic and his 46-year-old partner Helen Atkinson.

Andrew Norris of Shelley Close, Jolly, pleaded guilty to two counts of conspiracy to supply cocaine, conspiracy to supply marijuana, intent to supply marijuana, and possession of a shotgun without a certificate.

He was sentenced to seven years and nine months in prison.

Atkinson of Shelley Cross in Jolly City admitted to conspiring to supply cocaine and conspiring to supply marijuana.

She was sentenced to two years and ten months in prison.

Dominic Norris, 22, from Shelley Cross in Jolly, admitted to conspiring to supply cocaine.

He was sentenced to three years in prison.

Michael Doyle of HMP Forest Bank; will be sentenced at a later date.

A man broke into an elderly home twice to find money for drugs-then left a man with a fractured femur and threatened another man with a needle.

28-year-old Christopher Hurn was first spotted sleeping in the garden outside the Droylsden home on April 1st.

The Minshur Street Criminal Court learned that the 80-year-old had established a friendship with Hearn in the past and gave him money. He went to check what he was doing, and Hearn asked him to go to the toilet.

After entering, Hearn said, "Are you rich?" The man said no, when Hearn took out a hypodermic needle and threatened him.

The man gave him £20 from his wallet, but Hearn saw that there was more, and he said: "If you don't give me money, I will put this on you."

A few days later, people again found Hurn outside their home in Trenchard Court.

The defendant opened the door and pushed open a 62-year-old man who had a fractured femur and was hospitalized for several weeks.

Then he walked to the 80-year-old's bedroom where he threatened him with a needle again.

The old man managed to escape Hearn and then saw him leave with a set of keys and wallet, which contained 100 pounds in cash.

Hearn, who has no fixed residence, was sentenced to eight and a half years in prison, of which he must serve two-thirds of his sentence and extend his license to four and a half years.

A criminal caring for an elderly mother asked the judge "Are you going to take care of my mother?" He was sentenced to jail for assaulting a taxi driver.

39-year-old David Meehan was locked on the pier for his role in the June 14, 2019 attack, and he screamed on the pier.

The Bolton Criminal Court learned that after waking up early in the morning, Meehan and his 39-year-old friend Anthony Grinnell called the Blue Star Taxi and picked them up from an address in the Wigan Dean Court.

The victim had been warned by a colleague of these people that they had picked them up late at night after they were kicked out of the bar.

The prosecution barrister Adam Watkins said that when he arrived at Deanley Court at about 4:30 a.m., the driver could smell the alcohol on the two of them, and they were "immediately rude."

Meehan of Wigan Springfield Road said: "Take us home, you black taxi driver." The victim asked for an advance payment of £3.50, fearing that these people would leave without paying.

Mr. Watkins told the court that before Meehan started punching his face and body, the driver told them to follow the rules, otherwise he would not take them anywhere.

The victim managed to get out of the car, but the men chased him up, and Grinnard tore off the wiper from a nearby car and hit the victim with it.

Meehan was sentenced to 20 months’ imprisonment, while Greenall was sentenced to 19 months’ probation for two years.

Three men were sentenced to jail after Bolton shot and killed a drug dealer.

In November last year, Jon Robinson was waiting on a road in Halliwell with 22-year-old Ismail Abdullahi, 21-year-old Sabir Abdulkadir and 21-year-old Abdul Malik Said meets.

The Minshur Street Criminal Court learned that he was holding a hammer and knife.

Moreover, when the three men appeared in the blue BMW bought three days ago, a fierce quarrel broke out.

Abdul Kadir left the car with a sawn off double-barreled shotgun that was less than 60 centimeters long and hidden in a plastic bag, and aimed at Robinson.

The flash of the shot was captured by closed-circuit television.

After almost missing, Robinson began to smash the BMW with a hammer, and then one of the three yelled: "Blow him up, blow him up."

The shotgun fired again, leaving multiple metal pellets on Robinson's back and arms.

The three men have now been sentenced to 26 years in prison.

Robinson was sentenced to two years in prison for participating in violence.

The court heard that a drug addict was forced to become a "servant" of the Manchester gang after threatening his daughter.

Jason Paul owed a "serious debt" to the "dangerous, violent and intimidating" gang and was forced to sell cocaine in Hull to repay the debt.

If he does not sell drugs, the 51-year-old and his daughter will be threatened with “serious violence”.

The court heard that the police found £2,000 in cash in a house where he was staying, but all profits from drug sales went to the Manchester gang.

Paul of Helpier Street admitted to possessing 25 packages of cocaine on May 27 last year with intent to provide and possess cash as criminal property.

He was sentenced to two years and nine months in prison.

A man was sentenced to prison after attacking a young woman with his dog on Christmas Day, making her lips "dangling".

30-year-old Daniel Herbert put his dog in the bathroom during a family gathering.

The woman went upstairs to open the door, "suddenly hit" and was knocked down backwards.

She later realized that she had been bitten by a Staffordshire Bulldog. The woman's lips and eyes were seriously injured.

After the police arrived at his home in Cheadle, Stockport, Herbert claimed that he did not know where the animal was, but later said he had been destroyed.

He admitted that he was the owner responsible for keeping dangerous dogs; and obstructed the police.

Mr. Ryan's Herbert was sentenced to 24 weeks in prison and was banned from keeping dogs for 10 years.

A stalker threatened to rape a woman on the street, saying that he would "destroy her reputation" and bombard her on the phone after she refused his romantic proposal.

Ahmad Qhobadpour, 35, then began following her friends in an attempt to approach the woman.

Qhobadpour from Rusholme has never had a relationship with either of the two victims, but met them at the hookah bar where he works.

After the first victim broke up with her boyfriend, an increasingly terrifying harassment activity lasted for several months.

She was afraid of what he would do and even left her home.

Qhobadpour appeared in a house of her relatives. When she tried to escape, she put the tires on her car and started hitting her car.

The second victim, the woman's friend, began to lose hair, which she attributed to Qhobadpour's tracking pressure.

He was sentenced to two years in prison.

A bullying and insulting mob attacked his girlfriend twice in a month-pulling her by the hair, hitting her, and spitting on her face.

Leon Hollinrake, 25, established a relationship with this woman just two months before they met at work.

However, the Minshur Street Criminal Court learned that one morning, when they were at their parents' house, he was angry "for no reason" and things quickly went bad.

He attacked her, dragged her up the stairs by the hair, and then she lost her footing and fell down.

Despite forgiving him, Hollinglake of Rochdale attacked her again a few weeks later, spitting on her face and "rubbing" with his hands.

The woman has since left the country.

Hollinrake pleaded guilty to the crime of assault and assault causing actual bodily harm and was sentenced to 19 months in prison.

A judge said that a Manchester man who had raped a teenager 12 times had "no trace of regret" for what he did.

The rapist Peter Edwards said that he "hated" his child victims "taking everything from him."

The 40-year-old man from Wesson Shakenworth Lane made a "deeply disturbing" comment in a report, saying that "she will get what she deserves" and "everything around will come" .

His face cannot be shown to readers because Cheshire police refused to release his facial photo, even though official guidelines state that it should be made available to the media.

On July 12 this year, the jury ruled that Edwards had raped the teenager in Warrington for more than two years.

He told his victim that she was "helping him".

The court heard how Edwards continued to rape the child after she asked him to stop.

Edwards had no previous convictions, was sentenced to 18 years in prison, and was ordered to sign a register of sex offenders for life.

A man was sentenced to prison for taking part in the robbery of a 12-year-old child with a knife.

19-year-old Zabed Miah and two other people approached the boy while he was sitting in a park in Stalybridge chatting with his friends.

Minshull Street Crown Court heard that the boy's friend was told to "get off", and then they grabbed his neck and asked him to hand over the phone.

When he tried to escape, one of them took out a knife and asked for the phone again, which he handed over on time.

The three then ran away, but were chased by onlookers, took pictures of them and called the police.

The officials later found Miah in a nearby house-he had changed his clothes, but after a search, he found discarded clothes and knives.

He confessed to the crime of robbery and knife possession.

Mia, who lives without a permanent home, was sentenced to two years and six months in prison.

After the drugs grown on a marijuana farm in Greater Manchester disappeared, three thugs were sentenced to jail for their roles in the cruel torture of two men.

Shawn O'Malley, 33, David Scurfield, 33, and Billy McColl, 20, all played a role in torturing the victims-they were tied up, beaten and told they would be shot.

After being attacked with pickaxes and claw hammers and pointed with guns, these people believed they would die.

According to Liverpool Echo, during their ordeal, they were threatened by acid and electric drills-and were told that their loved ones would be shot.

The victims were tortured because it was discovered that the cannabis they helped grow on a farm in Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan, had been stolen. The cannabis was bagged and left in a secluded location in St Helens.

Scarfield of Sherwood Crescent in Warrington was sentenced to nine years in prison, of which he will serve at least two-thirds.

McCall of Henschel Avenue in Warrington was sentenced to 10 years in prison, including at least two-thirds of his sentence.

O'Malley was classified as a "dangerous" criminal, sentenced to 18 years in prison, and extended his license for 5 years.

This means that he must serve at least two-thirds (12 years) of his sentence before he can apply to the Parole Board.

When the police came knocking on the door, two school friends were found sleeping in their car-and then caught selling cocaine.

28-year-old Jonathan Hopkinson and William Thompson claimed to police officers that they had drove back from Scotland the night before and could not find a place to live, so they decided to sleep in a rented gray Mercedes.

The Manchester Criminal Court learned that Thompson of Haywood also stated that he was the owner of the Vectra parked nearby.

However, after the police continued to patrol around Eccles, they saw Hopkinson of Middleton talking with a woman nearby—and Waketra parked on another street.

After searching the two cars and two men, the police found 13.6 grams of cocaine, electronic scales, multiple phones, a list of drug debtors, and a meat cleaver hidden in a handbag.

Both Hopkinson and Thompson admitted to possessing Class A drugs and were sentenced to jail.

Hopkinson of Hollin Lane was sentenced to 28 months in prison; Thompson of Greg Street was sentenced to 32 months in prison.

A frightened young mother jumped eight feet from the first floor of her Hartsley house to escape her obsessive and controlling boyfriend, who held her throat with a knife and threatened to kill her.

The story of the suffering of 28-year-old Amy Bradbury is told as the serial domestic abuser Jayden Knight, also 28 years old, sentenced to three years and nine months for the crime.

The Manchester Criminal Court on Minshur Street in Stockport Magistrates' Court heard how Knight, a Middleton man, subject at least four other girlfriends to the same abuse.

Knight had grabbed her throat to make her gasp, then threw her on the stairs, hit her head, and flew into the jealous anger of drinks and cocaine fuel.

In the brave victim statement read out in court, the mother of two children, Amy, said: “He didn’t let me down, he made me stronger. I won’t allow him to let any other woman feel that he let me down. Feel the feeling. I" I have experienced the worst, had many bad experiences, but now I can leave them all behind. "

Recorder Jones imposed a seven-year restraining order on Knight, banning him from going anywhere near Amy, and sentenced him to a total of 45 months in prison.

A drug dealer used a frightened Romanian family to hide cocaine. They later sold it on the street and were sentenced to jail along with their brother who later joined the "enterprise".

Arfan and Shamas Iqbal, 31 and 27 years old, live at the same address on Rochdale Park Road. When the police learned of their actions, they were found to have drugs worth nearly £13,000.

They were sentenced in Manchester Minshul Street Criminal Court, which sits in the Stockport Magistrates Court.

Arfan was held for five years and Shamas was held for three years and four months.

Arfan Iqbal pleaded guilty to the supply of cocaine at the street level for two and a half years, and Shamas Iqbal pleaded guilty to the same charges within 13 months and possessed criminal cash.

The recorder Douglas Jones QC was told how the Romanian family included an 11-year-old girl and a 15-year-old boy. A bag of cocaine was found in the boy's closet.

A heroin addict driving a stolen car through the narrow streets of Middleton at high speed to try to escape the police has been sentenced to jail at his own request so that he can enter the drug rehabilitation center.

Steven Riley, a 44-year-old homeless, admitted at an earlier hearing to drive the car that was stolen two years ago, and the car had a fake license plate with his fingerprints on it.

The recorder Douglas Jones QC of Manchester Minshul Street Criminal Court at Stockport Magistrates Court saw a clip of police driving a modern car chasing Terry on a narrow street on January 15. There were speed bumps and restrictions. The speed is 30 mph.

In some places, Riley drove 55 miles per hour in an "ordinary residential area."

Eventually, he drove the car over the edge of the grass, Riley jumped out, and was found crouching behind another car on Middleton Street.

The prosecutor David Farley said that Riley had 27 convictions and committed 93 similar crimes.

Riley was accused of grossly stealing cars, handling stolen goods (ie cars), and failing to surrender to bail.

Recorder Jones sentenced him to six months and four weeks in prison.

A "unarmed" infant suffered severe brain damage and broken ribs in at least two "shaking" incidents. One man and one woman were jailed.

Ryan Briody, 35, and Rebecca Stott, 29, were convicted of two crimes after being tried at Minshull Street Crown Court Charges of causing or allowing serious bodily harm to a child.

The court heard that the two defendants were originally from Oldham but now live on Ward Avenue in Nottingham. They continue to deny that they are responsible for the injuries, but cannot explain how they happened.

The victim was a boy less than one year old and was taken to the emergency department of Royal Oldham Hospital in August 2018.

The court heard that the police launched an investigation and the examination revealed that the boy had suffered injuries, including broken ribs, some of which were at least 10 days old.

The court heard that Bridy and Stout were arrested and charged, and both denied causing or allowed to cause harm.

However, after hearing the evidence during the two-day trial, the jury agreed with the prosecutor that only two defendants could cause or allow harm to occur.

Neither Briody nor Stott had been convicted before, and both asked the court for permission to walk freely.

The boy recovered. Although experts could not determine the long-term prognosis, the court heard that he had shown signs of slow development and was at risk of epilepsy.

Judge Maurice Green sentenced Briody and Stott to 27 months in prison.

A takeaway shopkeeper was hit and killed by his car while trying to stop a teenage boy from stealing the car.

A 15-year-old boy admitted to the shocking murder of 53-year-old Mohamed Islam in Stockpotromilli and was sentenced to four years and nine months in prison.

Mr. Islam is an "influential and inspiring father and husband" who owns the Marple Spice restaurant. He decided to deliver food before get off work because it was on his way home.

The boy pleaded guilty to manslaughter. He was part of a gang of thieves who had been looking for the car to be stolen outside.

They met Mr. Islam who drove his "cherished" Mercedes-Benz C-Class, which his children bought for his 25th wedding anniversary.

When he walked to the door of a house in Romiley Limgrove to deliver food, the boy got on his Mercedes.

Mr. Islam ran back to the car and grabbed it, desperately trying to stop him.

A resident said that they saw the boy "at the speed I saw on Top Gear when they stepped on it completely."

Mr. Islam persisted for about 30 meters, but then he was thrown onto the road. He hit his head on the ground and was run over by his own car.

The man applied for the removal of the reporting restriction in order to determine the identity of the young killer, but a judge said that his identity may be revealed to "have adverse consequences for his future."

Two masked thieves robbed an elderly widow with a hammer.

Gavin Banks, 44, and Thomas Kilburn, 23, broke into her home while the woman was asleep and smashed the glass on her back door.

The Minshur Street Criminal Court learned that when the woman fled to her bedroom suite, they entered her bedroom with a hammer.

The lady's neighbor Banks then asked: "What about the money", and then she handed over 800 pounds, which she had saved for working in the house.

Then they all left the house-leaving a trail of footprints on the snow from the back garden to the house next door.

The woman's husband had just passed away two years ago, and she was froze with fright.

Two banks in Chadderton, Oldham and Kilburn pleaded guilty to serious burglary.

Banks was sentenced to seven years and six months in prison. Kilburn will be sentenced at a later date.

A convicted rapist dragged a lone woman into the bushes while waiting for the bus and was sentenced to life imprisonment.

Omar Alam, 50, was found by the victim while waiting at a bus stop on Palatine Road in Withington.

The Manchester Crown Court was told that when he approached her, the woman noticed him staring at her, which made her feel "nervous and disturbed".

When she looked away, she felt an arm around her shoulder and neck, and then she was dragged into the nearby bushes.

Alam of Oldham told her: "It's okay, you come with me."

The strength he held made her panting and resisted desperately.

This terrible incident did not end until a passing car honked its horn and shouted: "Get her out of the car".

The woman who had worked in the NHS later suffered a panic attack and had to leave due to the pressure of the attack.

Alam was convicted after being tried for kidnapping and kidnapping with intent to commit a sex crime.

He also admitted that the possession intended to provide Class A drugs and did not notify the change of circumstances while he was still on the sex offender register.

Alam of Abbey Hills Road was sentenced to life imprisonment and must be imprisoned for at least 6 years and 25 days before being considered for parole.

A jealous mob beat up his sleeping ex-girlfriend after attending a party and accused her of deceiving him through her phone.

Thomas Hughes, 31, was at the same party with his ex-partner because she was tired and decided to go to bed.

The Manchester Crown Court learned that not long after, she woke up to find him aloft, and then he claimed that she had been sending messages to another man.

Hughes of Blakely then grabbed her neck and began to beat her face and body repeatedly.

During the attack, she begged him to stop, and he finally allowed her to leave the house.

However, he catches up with her and pulls to her side, asking her to get in the car with him.

Then he poured a bottle of water on her head and even said he would lock her up.

The woman was 20 years old at the time. She had a broken nose, a broken eye socket, and bruises on her face and body.

Hughes pleaded guilty to assault causing serious bodily harm and was sentenced to 20 months in prison.

A man was convicted of raping the same vulnerable woman three times and sentenced to 10 years in prison.

Gary Corcoran, 25, from Upper Brook Street, Rusholme, was convicted of three counts of rape, two counts of sexual assault, and another count of causing another person to engage in sexual activity.

The prosecuting Joe Allman told Judge Susanna Goddard at the sentencing hearing in the Manchester Crown Court that the Corcoran victim "suffered from multiple health conditions" and that he had taken steps to prevent the victim from seeking help.

Mr. Allman said that Corcoran had arranged a meeting with her, although his bail conditions prevented him from doing so in 2019.

During an attack, he told the crying woman to "keep quiet and stay still."

When she bit his hand, Corcoran, the police brother's father, called her a "damn bitch."

The judge sentenced him to 10 years in prison and put him on the sex offender list. The judge said: "I think you are a dangerous criminal against women."

For the latest news and more information on the Manchester Evening News, please sign up for our email updates here.